This scaling product company creates market-leading workforce management software, that is solving problems within the mining sector. In collaboration with your team, you will get to solve highly complex problems with some of the smartest people in the technology industry. As an empowered member of the senior leadership team, you will explore the problem space and make decisions that positively impact the customer, with significant commercial uplift for the business, leading the way as their Head of Product.
About the Role:
This is a pivotal role for the business, working closely with the CEO and CTO to define the product strategy and take the product to the next level. You will build the product function and ship products that solve complex problems in a high-impact industry. You will be working with the leadership team to develop long and short-term product priorities and enable the software engineering team to bring the vision to life through iterative and agile methodologies. As a thought-leading Head of Product, you will uplift discovery operations and product best practice, and lead your team through the next stage of growth.
- Define the product strategy, roadmap and execution plan for each product, adjusting to and aligning with their stage within the product lifecycle.
- Lead, define, represent and communicate the product strategy to all stakeholders while leading, uplifting and driving continuous discovery and product practices.
- Oversee product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the product(s) across all products/product lines, from greenfield to the well-established.
- Lead the process to perpetually collect qualitative and quantitative market and competitive product data and intelligence to feed into strategy, planning and product execution plans.
- Conduct customer and user research to understand pain points, generate ideas and specify product features and requirements for current and future products.
- Drive product operations and implement rigour in product decision-making, ensuring the business is making data-led product decisions and roadmap decisions built for long-term productization.
- Prioritise the roadmap effectivity and optimise the delivery of features that create the most customer value; as your product decisions are data-led you are able to present, with confidence and conviction your product decisions.
- Lead and manage the Product Management team, providing them with direction, coaching, mentoring, and feedback to align and prioritise their work, maximise their potential and achieve team and individual goals and objectives.
- Represent the Product and promote products by advocating their value at customer and executive briefings, and within the Sales and Marketing functions.
- Define and monitor key metrics for measuring product success and ensure these are aligned with the wider business goals.
- 10-15 years of experience in product management, managing commercial software products, in a complex domain, ideally within the mining sector.
- Experience leading the Product Management function for an organisation, managing the full product lifecycle.
- A proven track record of taking products from inception through to high-growth and you can talk to the commercial success that you achieved.
- High levels of business acumen, with a strong, strategic and commercial mindset, with the ability to develop informed product strategies that improve product performance
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills, having created and realised a product vision, product best practices and continuous discovery processes.
- You have a high level of analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case. Data drive your product decisions
- You are a massive user advocate, becoming intimate with their problem space, pain points and what's next in the industry for your customers.
- You are able to build excitement within your team as a constant north star in the delivery of products and features.
- Your product and feature discovery practices are best-in-class and in turn, you are able to champion product best practices throughout the business.
Please note a high volume of my roles are 'off-market' and not advertised on job boards so let's connect.
Lead Product Manager
- $150,000 - $170,000 + Super
About the Company: A growing EdTech scaleup, with a suite of products targeting schools, parents and students, they have experienced incredible growth to their user base and are looking for a Lead Product Manager to drive this growth to the next stage while developing and delivering new product offerings. ...
Senior Product Manager
- $140,000 - $150,000 + Super
About the Company: This organisation creates industry-leading software that affects everyone in Australia. In the quest to create sustainable and valuable software solutions they have moved from being 'project-led' to truly 'product-led'. The organisation is now looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about thei...